News & Events
- ECE students Ephrem Chemali and Lucas McCurlie won 2nd place in the 2014 MATLAB and Simulink Design Challenge with their battery balancing project! Congratulations!
- Dr. Shahin Sirouspour has been awarded an NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement in this year's NSERC Discovery competition. Congratulations!
- Tom Luo, Adjunct Professor and former Chair of ECE, has been elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. Many of us have been inspired by Tom's research insights and his astute mentorship. Congratulations on this richly deserved honour!
- The Dean of Engineering has established three types of honorific Chairs which recognize excellence within the faculty. Of the 7 positions awarded, 3 have been awarded to ECE faculty members! Thia Kirubarajan and Xiaolin Wu were selected as Distinguished Engineering Professors, and Nicola Nicolici was selected as the Distinguished Engineering Educator. Congratulations on receiving this prestigious recognition!
- Dr. John Bandler has been awarded the 2014 Faculty of Engineering Research Achievement Award in recognition of his pioneering work on optimization-based approaches to computer-aided design, and the impact this work has had in applications such as microwave communication systems and vehicular safety. Congratulations!
- It is our pleasure to announce that our Industry Professor, Dr. Hassan Kojori, has been elevated to IEEE Fellow effective Jan 1, 2014, for his "contributions to the design and application of predictive and diagnostic algorithms in power electronics converters". Congratulations!
- A new building for Engineering! Construction is expected to take place Spring 2015 to July 2016 for the ExCEL Building - Engineering Centre of Experimental Learning. Thanks to many financial donors, including alumnus Gerald Hatch who gifted the final $3 million.
Connect with ECE
See us on Flickr!
Find out about the many Engineering activities:
McMaster Engineering Society!
ECE Student Groups!
What are the "Red Suits"?
Download the ECE Brochure
If you are an undergrad and have questions, check the Current Undergrads page, the UG Advising page, or the FAQ's page for all of your answers.