News & Events
- Congratulations to the McMaster Formula Hybrid Team on their success in the 2015 Formula Hybrid Competition held at the New Hampshire Speedway in April 2015. The team received the GM Best Engineered Hybrid System Award, and the IEEE Engineering the Future Award, and were second overall! An outstanding achievment by a truly interdisciplinary team.
- Dr. Jamal Deen has achieved the highest level of excellence at McMaster - a Distinguished University Professorship. Congratulations Jamal!
- Dr. Jamal Deen has been elected as member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts. He becomes only the 11th Canadian to have received this honour. Congratulations!
- In recognition of his "demonstrated leadership, innovative pedagogical practices, and distinctive commitment to advancing the improvement of teaching and learning", Tom Doyle has been selected as a 2015 Impact Fellow by the McMaster Institute for Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and Learning (MIIETL). This award will support Tom's development of evidence-based high-impact educational innovations. Congratulations!
- Striving for innovation through excellence, we have professors who are world-changers!
- We are thrilled to announce that the winner of the Chancellor's Gold Medal this year is Dickson Wong (4th year Electrical & Biomedical Engineering). This award is granted to McMaster's undergraduate student in his or her final year who ranks highest in scholarship, leadership and influence. An outstanding achievement! Congratulations!!
- Dr. Ali Emadi has been selected as the founding Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transaction on Transportation Electrification (TTE). This is the flagship journal of the IEEE Transportation Electrification Initiative.
- The Faculty of Engineering has chosen Dr. Nicola Nicolici as "Distinguished Engineering Educator". Congratulations Nicola on this wonderful recognition!
- Three Engineering professors have been recognized by the Faculty as "Distinguished Engineering Professors" - and two of these three are in ECE! Congratulations to Dr. Xiaolin Wu and Dr. Thia Kirubarajan!
- We have some exceptional educators in our department! Based on the undergraduate teaching evaluations, the following instructors are on the Dean's Teaching Honour Roll: Dr. Shiva Kumar (Eng 2MM3), Dr. Max Wong (Elec Eng 4TK4), for 2 courses Dr. Nicola Nicolici (Comp Eng 3DQ5 and Comp Eng 4DS4), and both Dr. Steve Hranilovic and Dr. Xun Li for Elec Eng 4OI6. Congratulations to you all!
- Dr. Shahram Shirani has been inducted as a Faculty Leadership Fellow under the Faculty of Engineering's new Faculty Leadership Program. Congratulations Shahram!
Connect with ECE
See us on Flickr!
Find out about the many Engineering activities:
What are the "Red Suits"?
Download the ECE Brochure
If you are an undergrad and have questions, check the Current Undergrads page, the UG Advising page, or the FAQ's page for all of your answers.