- Level 1 Information Fair - Level 1 Engineering students are invited to drop in and learn about all the various Engineering programs: Thursday February 16, 2017, 11:30 - 3:30, on the main floor of the ETB building. Come see us at the ECE booth to learn about our 3 programs!
- ECE Dept Information Session for Level 1 students- Monday March 27, 2017, from 4:30-6:30pm. Starting in ITB-137 there will be a short presentation on the programs we offer, then we move to ITB-A113 for informal chat and Q&A time! Current students & professors will be there to answer your questions, as will some representatives from our student clubs to tell you about the social activities and additional workshops available to you. There will be some 4th year students demonstrating the capstone course projects that they are working on. You can even see a demonstration of the drone that our graduate students are working on! Come visit us in the very corner of campus at Main & Cootes!
- May@Mac - Sat May 7, 2016. An opportunity for prospective students and their families to see the McMaster campus and the departments. High school students and Level One students are welcome to find out what we offer.
- ECE Expo - Final Year Project Demos (known previously as Poster Day) A full day event during the first week of April each year, in the CIBC Hall (MUSC). Final year students present and demonstrate their Capstone Design Projects, competing for prizes! Drop in to see what the 4th year ECE students have been designing and developing! Everyone is welcome at this free event!
What makes ECE @ Mac so awesome?
- Message from the Chair, welcome!
- Check out testimonials from our recent grads
- Common level I—students don’t have to decide what to specialize in right away
- Flexible Co-op work terms. All students are elgibile to work for summer 4-month terms. Students in the next to final year of studies can go out for 8, 12 or 16 months. Are you interested in Co-Op?
- Only school to offer the Management and Society options
- Enrolment in the 1-year M.Eng. program is available upon graduation
- Engineering Design experience with the final year Capstone Project course and ECE Expo!
- First school to offer Biomedical Engineering and Computer Engineering in Canada
- Biomed degree has prerequisites for Medical School Application
- Fully PEO Accredited faculty
- Home to one of the few Distinguished University Professor’s, Dr. Simon Haykin
- Faculty are recipients of many various research grants and awards